A Clash of Kings Chapter 6
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Arya continues to travel the kingsroad with Yoren and company; the horrors of war flow past them, heading south to King's Landing.
- She watches armed travelers and sickly travelers and even travelers driven mad by what they have witnessed.
- Staying at an inn, Arya overhears tales of wolves with no fear of men. She wonders if one of them is Nymeria, her old direwolf.
- When she hears one of the patrons tell a story of a wolf eating a baby, Arya speaks up and says it's a lie. Yoren takes her outside for making a scene.
- One of the three men chained in the wagon, Jaqen H'ghar, asks for a drink of beer. The other two men, Rorge and Biter, don't speak as kindly as Jaqen.
- The big lad Arya calls the Bull tells her not to go near their kind.
- Goldcloaks arrive. Arya hides with the Bull, thinking it is her they are after.
- They claim to be after a boy in the Night's Watch, but Yoren says they can't have him since his crimes are nulled once he took the black.
- The Night's Watch recruits back Yoren up, making things a not-so-fair fight.
- Turns out, the Goldcloaks are after the Bull, but Yoren scares them off.
- The Bull reveals himself to be Gendry, one of Robert Baratheon's illegitimate sons.