A Clash of Kings Chapter 68
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Tyrion lies in bed, drifting in and out of consciousness. He tries to piece together what has happened to him, but thoughts and memories are too distant.
- He dreams he is with his first wife, Tysha, at their seaside mansion.
- Tyrion begins to wake, and a Maester tries to give him milk of the poppy, but Tyrion slaps it away and demands the bandages be removed.
- Reluctantly, Maester Ballabar does so and hands him a mirror.
- Tyrion's face has a gnarly scar and three-quarters of his nose is missing; everything is stitched together with catgut.
- He thinks back to the battle and believes Cersei must have paid Ser Mandon to kill him.
- Maester Ballabar informs Tyrion that he is in Maegor's Holdfast and that he is no longer Hand of the King—Tywin Lannister has taken on the job.
- Tyrion requests Pod sent to him, since the boy is the only person he can trust.
- Pod reveals that he killed Ser Mandon, and Tyrion orders him to say nothing of it.