A Clash of Kings Chapter 8
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Catelyn watches her son present peace terms to Ser Cleos Frey to be delivered to the Queen Regent. She notices how he seems to have grown up with a crown on his head and a few battles under his belt.
- After the audience, she recommends that her son offer sweeter terms, but Robb refuses. She then recommends they trade Jamie Lannister for Robb's sisters, but Robb shoots down that idea as well.
- While she's making recommendations, she also advises Robb send someone other than Theon Greyjoy to parley with King Balon Greyjoy. But… nope.
- Catelyn visits her father, Hoster Tully, who currently lays on his deathbed, mind lost to senility.
- There she bumps into her uncle, Ser Brynden "Blackfish" Tully.
- Brynden updates Catelyn on how bad Lannister men are sacking and pillaging their way through the Riverlands—Ser Gregor Clegane, the Mountain, is the worst of the bunch.
- His scouts also bring word that another Lannister army is being trained at Casterly Rock; after their training, they will meet Tywin Lannister at Harrenhal.
- Catelyn decides the best way to force Tywin's army away from Harrenhal is to have Robb team up with some other threat.
- And King Renly's army could provide just such a threat.