Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Ellie burrows into the rubble to get to the live person. She barks, alerting Maya to the person's whereabouts.
- In the wreckage, Ellie accidentally splashes into some sort of chemical that burns her nose.
- Back home, Maya keeps Ellie's nose medicated with a cool cream.
- When it's time to get back to work, it's discovered that Ellie can no longer smell. She'll have to retire.
- Some good news, though: Al proposes to Maya, and she says yes. We smell a wedding.
- Oh, sorry, Ellie. Too soon?
More on A Dog's Purpose