A Dog's Purpose Chapter 26
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- The dog formerly known as Ellie, Bailey, and Toby is reborn yet again.
- Our dog is confused, because he believed he had fulfilled his purpose and would be released from this cruel mortal coil.
- But the universe said wrong, and here the dog is yet again. This time, he is a black puppy born to a dog breeder.
- The runt of the litter, ElBailTob is sold at a bargain to a guy named Derek.
- Derek gives the dog to his girlfriend, Wendi, who isn't supposed to have dogs in her apartment.
- Wendi names the dog Bear, but she can't bear to take care of him very well.
- Wendi doesn't feed Bear enough, or exercise him at all. Bear feels his life has no purpose.
- Unable to care for Bear, Wendi gives him to her mother, who doesn't want him, either.
- That's not going to help with the abandonment issues.