A Great and Terrible Beauty Chapter 37
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- In front of Kartik's tent, Gemma pleads for him to help her—she tells him what happened but he doesn't say a word, and instead springs to action.
- Kartik carries Pippa's body through the woods, all the way to her bedroom, where he leaves her.
- Frantically, Gemma gets Mrs. Nightwing and waits for the doctor to arrive.
- Felicity paces but won't look at Gemma, and the girl feels awfully guilty for leaving her friend.
- Later Gemma decides to go back into the realms and gives Felicity her necklace to close the realms in case she doesn't return.
- Despite Felicity's anger and blame, she tells Gemma to come back.