A Hologram for the King Chapter 34
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Fast forward to the end: Abdullah finally makes his way to KAEC, eleven days after Alan's date with Zahra.
- The young people pull off a flawless and impressive hologram presentation, projecting and interacting with their colleague from London.
- Abdullah politely claps and then immediately leaves. Alan doesn't get to mention his connection with Abdullah's nephew.
- The king is whisked away to his car and the whole thing is Donesville.
- As Alan watches the departure, he sees vans in front of the Black Box with Chinese writing on the sides.
- After two hours, Alan sees the king leave the building with a crew of Chinese businessmen. They're clearly very buddy-buddy.
- Alan learns that the Chinese businessmen had also done a presentation for the king. Inside the nice building.
- Alan's crew leaves Saudi Arabia the next day. He stays on, hoping to speak with Karim.
- Karim appears after three days and tells Alan that he thinks a Chinese firm has won the IT contract.
- Alan makes a last ditch effort to win something for Reliant. He tells Karim he'd like to pitch some ideas to him. Alan knows he can't go back to the States a failure.
- Karim tells him he'll think about it. He likes Alan and wants to help him out.