A Million Little Pieces Part 4, Chapter 4
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Part 4, Chapter 4
- James wakes up at 3:47, and he's scared of everything. "Scaredscared scared" (4.4.12). Leaving. Lilly. Love. Living. Dying. (Clowns. The number thirteen. Gwyneth Paltrow.) Etc.
- Miles exchanges information with James (it's a one-sided exchange since James doesn't have an address or phone number yet), and James goes to find Lilly.
- James and Lilly manage to get a moment together to tell each other "I love you."
- James says he's going to jail, but he promises he'll come find Lilly afterward.
- James says goodbye to Lilly, then to Joanne and to Hank. Hank makes him promise to come back as a visitor, not a patient.
- James's brother picks him up. Their friend Kevin is also there to get him.
- James Frey, you just got out of rehab. Now what you going to do? He's going to Disn…
- "I'm going to a Bar" (4.4.200).
- Of course, James's bro thinks this is a bad idea, but since James is the most stubborn man on the planet, bro takes him anyway.
- James orders a glass filled to the brim with Kentucky bourbon.
- Then James stares that glass down, as though it's his toilet or that otter he looked at in the woods that one time, and he doesn't drink it.
- James tells his brother he "won't ever do it again" (4.4.264).