Alex Cross's Trial Chapter 122
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Next Maxwell stands to give his final arguments.
- Ben notices that he doesn't bother refuting Ben's case—in fact, he doesn't comment on the case much at all.
- Instead Maxwell relies on the fact that the jurors are racist and will likely use that bias to acquit his clients.
- He even suggests that Black people don't know what truth is because they're lesser than white people.
- Maxwell even throws a Bible verse of his own in for good measure, one about not lying, which Ben thinks is a joke since all Maxwell does is lie.