Alex Cross's Trial Chapter 123
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- It's time for the judge to give the jurors instructions.
- Usually this process is pretty simple—the judge tells the jurors to think hard on what they've seen and heard and deliver a fair verdict—but this is no simple case.
- Judge Corbett tells the jurors all the usual stuff, but then he adds one thing. He says that Black people are just as capable of telling the truth as white people are.
- Maxwell's jaw almost drops to the floor, but Ben can see this for what it is. His dad wants to go down in history as being bold and helping out the case.
- Too bad it's too late for that. Throughout the whole trial, his dad has blocked their requests and objections, so it's no use starting to help them now.