Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Ben expects Abraham to be upset about the trial, but instead he tells him that this is how things are.
- Sure, it would be great for those men to go to jail for murder, but the trial still changed stuff.
- How? Abraham points out that progress takes a long time to take effect.
- He remembers the ground full of blood when he was fighting during the war, but that's when things started changing. At least some things, anyway.
- He asks Ben which Bible verse he quoted at trial, and Ben recites it for him.
- Then Abraham tells Ben that he did "just fine," and Ben notes that those are the last words he and Abraham said to one another.
More on Alex Cross's Trial