Advertisement - Guide continues below
- In town, Ben and Moody walk down the street hand-in-hand; everyone stares at them as they walk past.
- When they get to the store, Doc Conover claims he doesn't have any wintergreen oil, even though Ben can see it on the shelf.
- Next stop: Slide Inn. There's a big sign out front that says, "Whites Only," but who is going to stop them?
- Ben and Moody stroll up and ask for a table and some iced tea.
- The waitress there says the last gal was fired for sympathizing with Ben so he can't stay.
- Someone spits on him; another calls him a nasty and racist name.
- Ben doesn't care if he causes a riot, though, so he kisses Moody, right there in the street.
- Everyone starts chasing them away, and they run all the way to the Quarter.
More on Alex Cross's Trial