Alex Cross's Trial Chapter 13
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Ben meets up with the President himself.
- They get together in the oval office, where Teddy (a name the President hates, by the way) fills Ben in on what's happening. In short, Ben's hometown is in trouble.
- There has been a series of lynchings lately, and even though everyone claims to know nothing about it, Roosevelt suspects the Ku Klux Klan is responsible.
- Ben's confused because the KKK hasn't been around in a long time.
- Yep, but it's making a comeback in little Eudora.
- And this is where Ben comes in.