Alex Cross's Trial Chapter 136
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Most of the fighting has simmered down by the time Ben is done with Jacob.
- Only one person (Leander Purneau) died, but many got hurt.
- Aunt Henry starts fixing up wounds of white and black men alike; Ben notices how forgiving and gracious that is.
- The White Raiders leave with their tails between their legs, promising to return another time with more men and weapons.
- For their part, the people living in the Quarter already feel stronger.
- Ben sees the blood on the ground and thinks about what Abraham said about change happening after fights—this is one of those moments.
- Then Ricky comes outside to get Ben. Abraham has died.