Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Ben leaves the White House with a huge weight lifted from his shoulders.
- He wishes he could do more for the people in Eudora, but he's given too much of himself already.
- He thinks of Abraham's last words to him—that he did "just fine"—and feels this is good enough for him.
- When he gets home, Ben's not sure what to expect.
- He opens the door and hears Alice's voice inside, then all three girls rush to hug him.
- Ben whispers to Meg that he'll never leave her again. And he never does.
More on Alex Cross's Trial