Advertisement - Guide continues below
- George is trying to outrun the white men, and Ben and Jacob decide to follow along.
- They hide behind bushes, though, because they don't want to be seen—they could get in big trouble for being there.
- George is getting away when one of the men trips him with a rope.
- Next thing Ben knows, they've strung George up on the rope and are making him bow down to them.
- The white men are hooting and hollering, acting like it's all a game.
- Ben wants to do something, but Jacob tells him that's crazy, so finally Ben tells Jacob to run home and get his dad while he tries to distract the men.
- Before anyone can do anything, though, one of the men, Leon, cuts George's ear off. Ouch.
More on Alex Cross's Trial