Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Judge Warren asks everybody to get back to business.
- The opposing attorney, Carter Ames, continues questioning Gracie.
- He claims she admitted to murdering Lydia, right there on the stand. Don't believe him? Just ask the court stenographer.
- Naturally, the stenographer reads her testimony back and has Gracie saying Lydia had it coming—she was mean, bossy, and threatened to fire Gracie the day before her murder.
- At this, Ben objects; that's not what she meant, and they know it.
- No one really cares, though. Carter Ames might be twisting Gracie's words, but the Judge doesn't care one bit.
- He calls a two-hour recess so everyone can grab some grub.
More on Alex Cross's Trial