Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Ben arrives home to lots of familiar sights and sounds.
- One thing he wasn't expecting? Different doors labeled "White" and "Colored" at the top of every store.
- The last time he was home was six years ago when he came back for his mom's funeral.
- A lot has changed since then, but many things are still the same, and in some ways, Ben feels like he's back in the place he was as a kid.
- A porter asks him if he wants his bags taken to his dad's house, but Ben says no—he's actually here on business, so he's staying in an inn.
- Just then, Ben sees something that makes him shocked.
More on Alex Cross's Trial