Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Right there in front of him is his first crush, Elizabeth Begley. Only she's still 11 years old.
- Ben realizes that the little blonde girl is actually Elizabeth's daughter, when the real (ahem, adult) Elizabeth trails behind her.
- The two of them meet and exchange pleasantries. She's all, "It's been way too long. Let's catch up." He figures they will at some point, being such a small town and all.
- When Elizabeth says she bets the judge is thrilled to have Ben home, he nods and pretends that's true.
- We get the sense that there's a history between Ben and his dad, but we're not exactly sure what it involves.
- Before we know it, Elizabeth has to run her daughter (whose name is Emma, by the way) to dance class, so they say goodbye.
More on Alex Cross's Trial