Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Right away, Ben likes Abraham. The guy is warm, funny, and welcoming.
- As they sit on the porch swapping stories, Abraham greets every single person who passes by—it's clear he's a friendly dude.
- Abraham tells him that he used to play baseball back in the day, and then he even hits a peach with an old broom to show his new friend that he still has it in him.
- The two get along well pretty much immediately.
- Before long, though, Abraham announces that they have a job to do and it's serious, so as much as he'd love to sit around dishing about baseball, Black people are in trouble and someone has to help.
More on Alex Cross's Trial