Alex Cross's Trial Chapter 5
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- While they're waiting for the jury to decide, Carter and Ben chitchat.
- Carter offers Ben some bourbon to take the edge off, but Ben refuses.
- He even compliments Ben on being a good lawyer, but Carter thinks Ben still has a lot to learn.
- For instance, why remind the jury about race? Don't you think they notice what color everyone is?
- That's just one of the reasons why everyone thinks Ben is a little goodie two shoes. Sure he's Harvard educated and from a small town down south, but up here in Washington, you can't be like that.
- Ben says he just does what he thinks is right—but before he can explain any further, the jury comes back.