Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Back at Maybelle's, Ben realizes he's no longer welcome.
- Maybelle tells him that she can't have him staying there and causing trouble—maybe one of his Black friends can help him out. Ouch.
- Ben thinks back on what Abraham said about people being cowards. It turns out he's right.
- All throughout the town, no one wants to talk to him or even look him in the eye.
- Ben decides to go to the one person who will help him (though he doesn't tell us who that is).
More on Alex Cross's Trial