Advertisement - Guide continues below
- On L.J.'s porch, he and Ben talk about the trial.
- They notice that no one talks about anything but the trial these days in Eudora, though of course no one says much to them about it.
- Ben's been staying with L.J. since the night of the incident because it's the only place he's safe.
- They get news that the trial will start next Monday right there in Eudora.
- Even though they wanted it to take place somewhere else—anywhere else—they knew it was a long shot.
- It won't be a fair trial down here, but they don't have much of a choice.
- Oh yeah, and Judge Corbett will be the one ruling. Oh goodie.
More on Alex Cross's Trial