All the Bright Places Chapter 3
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Finch is walking behind some people in the hall who are talking Violet's supposed heroics.
- He settles into his seat for U.S. Geography. The teacher's talking about the many wonders of the state of Indiana.
- Someone walks into class late and drops her books, making a commotion. Oh, it's Violet.
- Finch dumps all of his own stuff on the floor to take people's eyes off of Violet. He knows she's embarrassed.
- Teach is assigning a project: The kids are supposed to explore Indiana. Finch immediately volunteers himself as Violet's partner.
- Violet tries to get out of the project. The teacher says no way. He's not coddling her.
- Finch realizes that Violet's sister died the year before. He had forgotten that fact until now.
- After class, some dude named Roamer bullies Finch in the hall. Finch struggles against his instinct to fight back.
- Now Finch is hanging out in the parking lot with his friends Charlie and Brenda. He sees Violet and realizes he has a crush on her.
- Back at home, Finch heads up to his room. He plays guitar a little and writes a sort of journal entry on his computer.
- Finch starts looking up Violet. He finds her on Facebook and sends a friend request. He opens an account just for that purpose.
- He also finds Violet's defunct website and a newspaper article about her sister's death.
- Finch goes downstairs and has dinner with his family. He struggles to make conversation with his mom and sister. He feels like his mom doesn't understand his depression.
- He goes back to his computer. Violet accepted his friend request. They start to chat. She seems irritated that he cornered her into doing the class project with him.