All the Bright Places Chapter 40
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- It's Sunday morning and Finch spends the morning playing outside with his little sister. Neither of them is looking forward to dinner at their father's house later that night.
- At his dad's, Finch passes Josh Raymond's room. For a brief moment he's jealous of all the kid's toys.
- Finch spots a couple of toys that used to be his. He and Josh Raymond bond over them a bit.
- Out in the living room, Finch's dad tells him he should bring Violet by the house. Yeah right.
- Finch leaves, walks home, and gets into his car. Then he drives around randomly for a long time.
- Eventually, he abandons his car and starts running. It seems like he's having some sort of episode.
- He comes upon a greenhouse attached to a farm. He bangs on the door, desperate to pick up some flowers.
- The old couple that owns the greenhouse is super nice. Finch gets his flowers and gets a ride back to his car.
- Finch drives to Violet's to give her the flowers. She loves them.
- He drives home and sits outside his house for a while, thinking of Violet.