Allegiant Chapter 26: Tris
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Chapter 26: Tris
- Tris "touches her forehead to the eyepiece of the microscope" (26.1). Um, that's not how that works, Tris.
- Tris examines the serum (through the eye in the middle of her forehead, we guess) and just can't believe that the Bureau and Jeanine were in cahoots.
- Tris needs some fresh air, so she leaves and bumps right into her brother, the human opposite of fresh air.
- Caleb tries to explain why he "betrayed" Tris, but she won't listen. Not only won't she listen, she punches him in the face. Pow, right in the kisser.
- A guard breaks up the fight, and Tris walks away to Matthew's lab.
- Matthew's talking about science. It sounds like this: "Blah blah blah blah blah. He is so not blinding her with science.
- Tris changes the subject. ("Let's talk about Nita and what a dirty traitor she is. She's also nasty and so much uglier than I am, isn't she?")
- It turns out that Matthew is Nita's informant. He's in on the plan, and he tells Tris that they're after the death serum.
- Tris is opposed to this whole assassination plan, but there's nothing she can do about it yet.
- On the way to David's office… the wall explodes.
- Unfortunately, Uriah is right there in front of the wall, and he's dropped like a sack of bricks.
- Matthew takes the lead and runs toward the weapons lab, where he and Tris grab some guns before racing to David's office…
- …where Nita has a gun pressed to his head.