All's Well That Ends Well Act 5, Scene 1
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Act 5, Scene 1
Read the full text of All's Well That Ends Well Act 5 Scene 1 with a side-by-side translation HERE.
- Meanwhile, Helen, the widow, and Diana have arrived in Marseilles, France, in search of the King.
- As we know, the King isn't there. (Oops.)
- They bump into an austringer (a guy who works with hawks) and find out that the King is actually in Roussillon, which means the women had traveled all this way for nothing.
- Helen is not about to give up. She laces up her riding shoes and says "All's well that ends well yet, / Though time seem so adverse, and means unfit." (Yep, that's a shout-out to the title alright.)
- Helen then passes the austringer a note and promises him a bunch of money if he gives it to the King for her.
- Helen and company saddle up for the trip to Roussillon.