Advertisement - Guide continues below
- The next morning Philip Lombard wakes up at daybreak as usual and notices that Mr. Rogers hasn’t knocked on his door to call him for breakfast. Peculiar.
- He calls together everyone else, and they’re horrified to see that there are now only six china figures sitting out.
- Afterwards, they find Rogers’ body in the wash house. He was killed while chopping up wood in the morning.
- Vera gets a little hysterical and begins to laugh since the next line of the poem states that a bee stings one of the little soldiers. There are no bees on the island!
- Dr. Armstrong slaps her, because apparently that’s what you do with hysterical women, and she calms down.
- Everything is extremely polite and civil during breakfast, but inside, all the characters are observing each other and trying to figure out who the true killer among them is.
More on And Then There Were None