And Then There Were None Chapter Sixteen
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Now only Vera and Lombard are left and they’re both convinced that the other person is the killer, which seems fairly logical actually.
- Vera helps Lombard move Dr. Armstrong’s body but in the process picks his pocket and takes the revolver from him. Nice!
- When he comes towards her, she shoots him. Now she’s the one little soldier still left on the island, which means it was Vera all along, right??
- Not so much.
- She goes back into the dining room and throws away the remaining soldier figurines and takes the last one up to her room with her.
- When she gets to her room, she lets the soldier figurine drop to the ground in surprise.
- There is already a noose tied to the hook on the ceiling, and a chair beneath it as well.
- Vera decides that Hugo (her lovah) must want her to kill herself, so she goes towards the noose and hangs herself.
- No more soldiers left on Soldier Island.
And Then There Were None Chapter Sixteen Study Group
Ask questions, get answers, and discuss with others.
Tired of ads?
Join today and never see them again.