Angels in America, Part Two: Perestroika Act 4, Scene 5
Advertisement - Guide continues below
Act 4, Scene 5
- Harper is still standing on the Brooklyn Heights Promenade, staring at the Manhattan skyline. She's barefoot and wearing a dress that's not warm enough for the freezing rain that's falling.
- Joe enters with an umbrella.
- Harper turns and stares at the skyline.
- She says the dark storm clouds over Manhattan make it look like Judgment Day.
- Joe tells her he wants to go home.
- She's not sure where that is.
- Harper asks him if he missed her.
- He says he's come back.
- Harper says water isn't enough to bring about the end of the world. To really get the job done, there needs to be fire.