Advertisement - Guide continues below
Part 3, Chapter 2
- Shelly has pulled out one of Susan's drawings from the family's time in Santa Cruz.
- At this time, Susan and Oliver are living on the water, and it's absolutely beautiful.
- Oliver has received a job offer, but it's located in the middle of nowhere in Bolivia. Susan shoots down this idea quickly.
- Oliver and Susan don't see each other very much these days—Oliver goes to San Francisco to look for work for weeks at a time.
- Oliver is also experimenting in an attempt to create "hydraulic cement" (3.2.51). Susan pushes him to work harder on this so they can get rich and buy a McMansion in Santa Cruz.
More on Angle of Repose