Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret. Chapter 17
By Judy Blume
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Now it's March, and Margaret heads to New York for a day with Nancy's family—and Moose Freed. Sigh.
- It's a pretty good day all around, but it gets awkward fast when Margaret and Nancy are each in stalls in the bathroom and Nancy starts crying.
- Margaret doesn't know what to do, so she goes to get Mrs. Wheeler. Once Mrs. Wheeler gets there, Margaret finds out that Nancy is so upset because she's just gotten her first period.
- But wait a second… didn't Nancy already get her period? Was Nancy lying when she told Margaret she got it before? According to Nancy, it was just a mistake earlier, and she didn't mean to lie.
- Margaret's faith in Nancy is understandably a little shaken, so she turns to God and says, "I will wait to find out from you if I am normal or not" (17.42).
Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret. Chapter 17 Study Group
Ask questions, get answers, and discuss with others.
Tired of ads?
Join today and never see them again.
More on Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret. Navigation