Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret. Chapter 25
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Sixth grade officially ends with a farewell party in the gym.
- Margaret proves she's growing up by wearing her first ever pair of sheer stockings and going out to lunch alone with the other PTS's (no adults allowed).
- It's summer now, which means Moose Freed is back mowing the Simons' lawn. Yes.
- Margaret decides that it is time for a confrontation.
- She goes up to Moose and tells him in no uncertain terms that she thinks he lied about going behind the A&P with Laura Danker—but Moose is pretty confused, because he's never said anything of the sort.
- Gah—it seems Nancy's struck again with her lies.
- After this second wakeup call about Nancy's untrustworthiness, Margaret apologizes to Moose, then she heads back inside to go to the bathroom and finish getting ready for camp.
- And finally it's happened. Margaret is not the last of the PTS's to get her period (poor Janie), and is no longer quite so worried that she isn't normal. She is feeling better about life in general—so much so that she gets back in touch with God and says, "I know you're there God. I know you wouldn't have missed this for anything! Thank you God. Thanks an awful lot…" (25.42).
- She may not have found the right religion for her, but Margaret's definitely coming into her own and finding her way.
Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret. Chapter 25 Study Group
Ask questions, get answers, and discuss with others.
Tired of ads?
Join today and never see them again.