- The next day, Jane dons her best dress with thoughts of Mr. Nobley and fancy dancing in her head.
- When the maid sees how gorgeous Jane looks in her gown, she says "Oh, my" (18.11). (That's right: the maid is played by George Takei.)
- Jane and Nobley dance together—twice!—at the ball. There's also some good ol' drama when Martin tries to cut in on their dancing. Nobley confesses he's falling in love with Jane.
- Convinced that his proclamation of love is all part of the act, Jane turns him away. He leaves, feeling foolish and mortified.
- Martin intercepts her, and she runs away with him into the gardens.
- She says she missed him. He says she reminds him of his sister… And for some reason she doesn't find this creepy, so they make out.
- Jane decides that, even though she's leaving Austenland tomorrow, she'll stay in London with Martin for a few more days.