Big Little Lies Chapter 16
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Madeline and Ed sit in bed together, talking about the day that's just passed.
- First they talk about Jane.
- She's damaged, says Ed. Just like Celeste.
- What does Celeste have to be sad about, wonders Madeline.
- Now she starts thinking about Abigail, and how Abigail seems to love her dad Nathan and her step-mother Bonnie more than she loves Madeline.
- Madeline remembers when it was just her and Abigail, the Mackenzie girls, living together after Nathan left them.
- At the time, she believed that Abigail would never love or trust Nathan, not after he skipped town to go hang out in Bali with a trashy hairdresser.
- But now, Abigail loves Nathan. Nathan has a pretty young wife. Nathan has a do-over young daughter.
- To Madeline, it seems like Nathan has…won.