Big Little Lies Chapter 2
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Happy birthday, Madeline!
- Madeline's forty, and she's not really feeling it. Forty just seems so…old.
- Madeline's five-year-old daughter, Chloe, isn't really feeling Madeline's impromptu freestyle rap about her age.
- (Good call, Chloe.)
- Actually, Chloe's kind of a know-it-all. At five, she's already correcting her mom and taking care of her seven-year-old brother, Fred.
- Madeline thinks she's going to be a CEO one day. She's just that bossy.
- She's not even in kindergarten yet. In fact, Madeline and Chloe are on their way to Pirriwee Public to attend something called "Let's Get Kindy Ready!"
- Chloe will have you know she is very Kindy Ready, thankyouverymuch.
- Madeline shakes off her birthday blues by getting angry at some teenagers that are texting and driving.
- Yeah, it's super-dangerous, but Madeline clearly isn't just a do-gooder. She's also feeling all sorts of conflicted about aging.
- While stopped at a light, Madeline gets out of her car and walks over to the texting teens.
- The girl in the car is annoyed at being harangued by an adult, but Madeline is unfazed. She grabs the girl's phone and tosses it to the girl's friend, who's sitting in the passenger seat.
- Or...almost victory. On the way back to her car, Madeline stumbles over her brand-new stiletto heels, falls, and twists her ankle.