Big Little Lies Chapter 27
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- The chapter starts with an outline of the socioeconomic breakdown of Pirriwee. There are tradespeople, hippies, and wealthy gentrifiers. And all of their kids go to the same school: Pirriwee Public.
- This causes a wee bit of strain.
- Celeste and Perry are definitely two of the wealthy gentrifiers.
- Celeste comes home and makes herself a cup of tea. The house-cleaners are vacuuming on the second floor, and she doesn't want to disturb them. They cost $200/week.
- For Celeste and Perry, this is chump change.
- Celeste busies herself at the computer, giving wildly to charity. She spends something like $25,000 in less than an hour.
- No, really.
- The doorbell rings. It's a florist, with an unbelievably beautiful bouquet of flowers from Perry.
- But they depress Celeste. It's a reminder of the violence.
- She goes to the computer again, initially intending to Google a local marriage counselor. Instead, she Googles "domestic violence."