Big Little Lies Chapter 3
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Luckily, there's someone to witness Madeline's fall.
- Meet Jane Chapman, mother to Ziggy. Ziggy's also on his way to get "Kindy Ready," and Jane's a little peeved that Madeline's car, hazard lights on, is blocking her way forward.
- In fact, her first instinct is to drive around Madeline, who's sprawled on the ground in obvious pain.
- But Ziggy brings her back to earth. We get the sense that he does that a lot.
- And Jane is actually really happy she helps Madeline.
- Madeline looks a little entrancing, with her hyper-feminine outfit and earrings. It turns out she acts entrancing, too: she's charming and bubbly.
- Jane calls that combination "glittery."
- Madeline is a "glittery girl." Jane is basically the opposite of a glittery girl.
- Now the chorus of gossipy voices we remember from Chapter 1 is back.
- We learn that the school was divided between Team Madeline and Team Renata.
- We're also getting a sense of who Bonnie—one member of this chorus of gossips—is. She seems pretty hippy-dippy.