Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Jane tells Madeline what happened with Saxon Banks.
- It was three weeks after her high school boyfriend, Zach, had broken up with her.
- Her heart was broken, but she knew she'd repair herself. She kind of liked the rituals of being heartbroken: buying new dresses, going out with friends.
- So she went out with her friends to a hotel bar. There she met Saxon.
- He was really charming and suave—he seduced her.
- She decided to go back to his hotel room with him. After all, this would be a pretty high-class hook-up. A one-night stand in a five-star hotel? Why not?
- He kept being suave, and she was excited about the experience.
- Then, once they were naked, he choked her. He expected her to like it.
- She said she didn't like it, and he choked her again.
- Then, when she still didn't like it, he started to have sex with her, all the while muttering hateful things in her ears—she was fat, she was ugly, she had bad hygiene, she was poor.
- She left as soon as he was done, full of self-loathing.
More on Big Little Lies