Big Little Lies Chapter 53
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Jane's at the child psychologist, and things are looking up.
- The psychologist thinks that Ziggy is not a bully. He has too much empathy for that.
- Unless, of course, he's a psychopath, and then he could be faking empathy! (Oh, great.)
- But actually, the child psychologist has a couple of serious things to discuss with Jane.
- Thing 1: she thinks that Ziggy himself might be being bullied. Verbally, not physically…but still.
- Thing 2: she tells Jane that Ziggy knows his father is a mysterious, dark force. He knows this because Jane gets slightly upset every single time Ziggy asks about his father.
- Was Ziggy's dad a bad dude? asks the psychologist.
- Well, he wasn't great, says Jane.