Big Little Lies Chapter 54
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Perry and Celeste are in the car, driving home.
- It seems like Perry had a great time at the assembly, taking photos of his kids and posting them on Facebook, making dad jokes with the other dads, and generally having a great time.
- But there's something strained about him, and Celeste is worried.
- She thinks he picked up on some rage when she told him, ostensibly jokingly, that she'd leave him if he signed the petition against Ziggy and Jane.
- She was just so mad—after all, it was because of Perry's cousin that Ziggy was in the world at all.
- Celeste thinks about the apartment she rented. It's now fully furnished; there are even sheets on the beds.
- When she thinks about the furnished apartment, late at night, she feels like she's somehow betraying Perry.
- They've arrived at the house, and Perry says that he's coming inside as well.
- This isn't a good sign.
- Perry opens the front door for her, and then immediately grabs her by the hair before smashing her head into the wall.
- This is because she "embarrassed him" by joking about leaving him.
- Celeste is in a heap on the floor and Perry brings her an ice pack covered in a dishcloth.
- He's sobbing, and he scoops her into his arms.