Big Little Lies Chapter 55
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- Madeline's at work, and she has to make a work-related phone call.
- Except, of course, given Pirriwee's size, nothing is only work-related.
- Madeline calls Lorraine, who also has a kiddo in Chloe's class, and whose husband hangs out with Ed.
- It's all pretty claustrophobic.
- Anyway, Lorraine has some juicy gossip.
- Apparently, Renata's husband, Geoff, is fooling around with the nanny.
- How cliché.
- Madeline has some seriously mixed emotions. On the one hand: good. Renata's making Jane's life a living hell and hasn't been too nice to Madeline, either.
- On the other hand? No one deserves to be dumped for a younger woman. Madeline feels that especially hard.
- In any case, Lorraine wants to talk about something else: Abigail's charity project.
- Madeline shrugs that off, saying that Abigail is probably just doing a raffle or something.
- Hmm, says Lorraine. Maybe not? The teenage girls in Abigail's orbit seem to think it's something a little more daring than that.
- Maybe, suggests Lorraine, Madeline should check on that.
- Madeline texts Abigail and, as she's waiting for a reply, Nathan calls. "Don't get upset," he says.Uh-oh.