Big Little Lies Chapter 69
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- It's now half an hour before Trivia Night starts.
- Celeste is dressed up as a Breakfast At Tiffany's-era Audrey Hepburn, and she looks amazing.
- She's also high; she's taken even more painkillers.
- Her son Josh comes in for snuggles.
- This is rare, so Celeste lavishes affection on him.
- He starts talking about something that makes him "sad," but Celeste is so high she doesn't really notice what's he's talking about.
- That is, until he says that, although Max has stopped hurting Amabella, he did push Skye down the stairs. Again.
- Celeste does a double-take.
- Downstairs, her phone rings. Perry yells that he'll get it.
- Celeste, fighting through the fog of the painkiller, asks Josh to repeat what he had said before.
- He does, and Celeste gets it: Max is the bully. Max, affected by what he's seeing at home, is hurting little girls at school.
- Max comes running in, and he looks so adorbs that Celeste thinks, for a minute, that Josh must be making things up.
- But no; her kid is a bully.
- Perry comes in, dressed like Elvis and grinning.
- Why's he smiling?
- Celeste's property manager called about installing new smoke alarms in Celeste's new apartment.
- Perry now knows that she's rented an apartment.
- This is not good.