Big Little Lies Chapter 77
Advertisement - Guide continues below
- The chapter begins with a whole lot of ifs.
- If Perry hadn't been so tall…
- If the balcony railing had been higher…
- If it hadn't been raining…
- But the fact of the matter is: Bonnie pushes Perry, and he falls off the balcony.
- It's, um, not looking too good for him.
- Bonnie is crouched, quietly going nuts. She knows what happened.
- But the other women, led by Renata, know what to do: say they didn't see him fall. They all claim that they were looking the other way.
- It's very, very clever.
- And the thing is, there is a ruckus going on inside. People are drunkity-drunk-drunk and brawling, about the French nanny, and because of weird, tipsy, perceived insults. It's madness.
- In fact, Madeline and Jane get forced apart by a couple of Elvises who come crashing outside, knocking over Jane and seriously hurting her shoulder.