November 16, 1959
- It seems like East has decided to get over himself, and he heads over to Dillard University with Griffin. Everybody jokes around about the silliness of racism, and they seem to be having a good time.
- East drops Griffin off on Canal Street in New Orleans. He's pretty happy not to be in Mississippi any more.
- He heads over to the local Jesuit church, and at first he starts reading the book in front of the church, but he realizes that looks suspicious and goes to a bathroom.
- It's covered in ads posted by white men looking to have sex with black girls, even underage ones.
- It's interesting that the people who say that they're superior are behaving in the most debased of ways.