Advertisement - Guide continues below
Pressia (Teeth and Heartbeats)
- The airship is ready and the gang leaves tomorrow. Then an alarm sounds.
- Plans: ruined.
- Fedelma informs Pressia that there's an attack and that she needs to leave now. Bradwell went out on his own, and El Capitan has a flashlight.
- She then gives Pressia the vial and formula.
- But first, a quick story: the things attacking are creatures Kelly accidentally made. He wanted to breed something that could protect the people, but it went horribly wrong.
- As of now, these creatures have abducted three children already.
- Oh, and Pressia needs to watch out for the fog because it has a heartbeat.
- Ugh, what?
- Pressia runs outside and finds El Capitan; they start to make their way to the ship.
- They keep hearing cries off in the distance, and then once they reach the fog Pressia falls.
- She then gets grabbed by one of the creatures; it's blind, making the fog beneficial because no one can see in the fog.
- El Capitan's flashlight falls to the ground and goes out.
- Four or five creatures grab Pressia and then start humming, which is super creepy.
- She's able to break free from them, and runs towards El Capitan. He's pinned down by one—it's stepping on his throat.
- Pressia knocks it off of his throat, but she loses her knife in the process. She and El Capitan are pretty much alone now, and surrounded.
- El Capitan gets sentimental and tells Pressia he would've stayed by her side if she did to him what she did to Bradwell.
- Pressia responds pretty flatly that she really does love El Capitan—just not romantically.
- As you can imagine, Cap is pretty bummed.
- They're both grabbed and about to get eaten, but then Bradwell comes out of nowhere. His wings flap ferociously, which thins out the fog.
- El Capitan runs to the ship to get it started, while Pressia fends off some of the creatures.
- The chapter ends with the creatures retreating from Bradwell, and then he and Pressia staring at each other.