- It's Partridge's wedding day. Hooray!
- Actually, this isn't a great day.
- He actually starts doubting Lyda's love for him because there aren't any letters.
- He also starts thinking about who his best man should be.
- Hey, why not Beckley? He always speaks his mind, and he's pretty much Partridge's only friend now.
- Beckley's hesitant, but he has to agree.
- Partridge then goes back to where Glassings is resting; he's pretty much on his deathbed, though.
- Partridge asks him for advice, and Glassings hints to him that he should love Iralene.