Advertisement - Guide continues below
El Capitan (Bacterium)
- Flash-forward to the fields of Newgrange: Bartrand Kelly is rambling on about boars and whatnot.
- The gang then starts talking about how Kelly was in contact with Willux. But now he's dead.
- All three of our heroes are pretty shocked about that.
- Bradwell thought he'd get gratification from hearing this news, but he doesn't. Probably because he wasn't a direct cause of Willux's death.
- Lots of awkwardness, but Kelly breaks it by talking about the Before. Then about how his daughter died after the Detonations and how his wife died from despair.
- This just adds on to the awkwardness.
- He leads them all to a barn that has boars in it—trained boars that would rip you apart if told to do so.
- Kelly leads them to the barn because he wants to give them an ultimatum. If they take a bacterium that he's created back to the Dome, he'll return their vials, formula instructions, and airship.
- By the way, the bacterium can eat the radiation-resistant material of the Dome. So basically, Kelly wants to help them take down the Dome.
- So El Capitan and Bradwell are psyched, but Pressia wants to now work for a united society.
- Bradwell then starts yelling at her. It seems like he really doesn't like her anymore.
- Which kind of makes sense. She did literally turn him into a monster.
- El Capitan makes an executive decision: he takes the bacterium.
- Basically, he just wants to fly that airship again.