Men from Mars
- Dr. Hoenikker's office is decorated with a brass plate, claiming his importance to human history "incalculable" (27.3).
- The laboratory is littered with toys from ten-cent stores. Apparently, Dr. Hoenikker loved to tinker with the toys. According to Naomi, these led to some of his more famous experiments.
- John spies a photo on the desk. It's of cannonballs stacked in front of a courthouse.
- Guess he was pretty into those cannonballs.
- Naomi imagines in the future people might be able to compare to him. But for now, the man is basically a Martian.
- When John suggests this might be accurate, Naomi says it would sure help explain his kids.