- Bye bye letters, hello postscript written by Belford.
- Turns out that Mr. and Mr. Harlowe kick the bucket a few
years after Clarissa's death.
- James Harlowe marries a nasty woman. Since there was some
question about whether her property was legally hers, he spent the rest of his
life in and out of courts.
- Arabella marries a nasty man who cheats on her.
- Mowbray and Tourville, the remaining rakes of Lovelace's
merry band, repent and go to live quietly in the countryside.
- And Anna marries Hickman. Obviously, she names her kiddo
- Finally, Belford gets Charlotte. Remember, that cousin of
Lovelace's? Let's hope he got the real Charlotte and not the prostitute in